Out of Options

Kind of a lot has happened since my last post....

I called the realtor and told him I wouldn't be listing my house anytime in the near future.  He didn't seem surprised.

Then, I told AJ I wouldn't be selling my house.  Probably I should've told him first.  It didn't go well.

And then, I told White Trash Bob.  He was delighted.

And after that, I took a look at the terms of my mortgage.  My heart sank.  My mortgage prohibits using my home as rental property, or as a business, or as anything other than a primary residence.  In the words of Astro from The Jetsons (and my friend Ryan) "Ruh-roh". 

So I heaved a big sigh, put on my big-girl pants, and went to AJ with three offers:  "Let's sell your house and live in mine."  Absolutely not.  (Which I expected, since it's already been discussed.)  "Okay, then let's rent out your house and live in mine."  Nope.  "Well then, how 'bout we sell both the houses and buy one that neither of us has ever lived in?"  Flat no to that one, too.  Oh.  Hmmm.  Well then.

And with that, it seems I am out of options.  It's back to The House or The Guy.