Stupidity Should Hurt

Stupidity should hurt.  It should be painful.  If stupidity hurt, fewer people would commit stupid acts.  Take, for example, this, the photographic evidence of the act of stupidity that I uncovered today.


If the person who decided to fill in the old doorway without bothering to line up the edges of the clapboards or cut them in such a way so as not to leave big gaps in the siding of the house suddenly, as he or she was committing this act of stupidity, broke out in boils or a terrible rash or, appropriately, shingles, then perhaps they would've reconsidered doing such a crappy patching job. Or maybe not.

Either way, I do believe I've had just about enough of dealing with the back wall of the house for this year.  I've encountered more things that need to be fixed in this six- or seven-foot span of wall than on the entire rest of the house.  Tomorrow I will fill in the nail holes I opened up today, caulk the heck out of those gaps in the siding, pick up the shingles scattered all over the patio, and be done with the thing until Spring.  Unless I can locate the owner of the falling-down house out in the country that just happens to have lots and lots of intact clapboards still on it...and said owner is willing to let me have those clapboards...