Scream-Worthy

Every year there's a scream-worthy portion of the house that needs painting.  Last year it was the front of the house above the parlor windows.  (Remember, I climbed up there and then was too scared to get back down, causing Carl and White Trash Bob to have to talk me down.)  This year it's the back of the house near those power lines.  I was assured by my neighbor Floyd and an electrician friend that those power lines would not kill me.  But then Floyd quipped, "If I hear a big ZAP I'll call 911" and Mark said, "Whatever you do, don't touch 'em".  Neither comment gave me much confidence.  Happily, I am now finished painting that part of the house and remain alive and well.  I do think my heart briefly stopped beating when I nudged the power line with my elbow, but that was probably from sheer terror rather than any actual electrical current.  Tomorrow I move on to infinitely less terrifying areas of the house, like that big window and the other half of the house not shown in this photo.