Six Hours; Three Days

Wow.  Amazing how the back wall of the house looks almost exactly the same as it did last week.  Except for the drift of paint chips on the patio, a few more bare spots, and a few less nail holes, you'd never know I worked on it at least...oh...six hours in the past three days.  Yep, six hours over three days.  Not even one good workday.  Hey, I had other things to do.  Like sleep late, and go out to supper with my mom (twice),  and take Libbi for walks, and read a really good book (The Devil's Punchbowl by Greg Iles) and sit on the front porch with a friend, and try to figure out why my dryer's not heating.

Oh yeah, I did this too:

I turned an ugly corner of my yard into a little flower bed.  The fountain is a Mother's Day present from my mom, and if it wasn't almost dusk when I snapped this photo you'd be able to see that it's a solar fountain that bubbles in the sunshine.  The trellis I found at a local antique and gift shop (shout out to Missouri River Antique Co. and its awesome proprietress, Sue McGraw) and it was my mom's idea to set it behind the fountain like that.  I divided some Stella D'Oro daylilies from elsewhere in the yard, bought three mallows to put in the back for some height, and filled in the bare spots with dianthus.  That's honeysuckle growing all over the fence behind everything.  (And some weeds.)  Christopher Cat thinks I made this flower bed just for him.  His favorite place to hide is back in the corner there, and now it's an even better hidey-hole, what with the trellis and the flowers. 

Now it's back to work for three nights...sigh...then home for four days!