Fence Project, Day 6

Warning:  This content of this post may cause drowsiness.

In other words, it ain't exciting...but it is progress.

WTB came over today and we yanked, dug and hacked the rest of the roots of the honeysuckle vines and mulberry bushes out of the yard and dragged them into one gigantic pile at the corner of the yard.  A pile which I cannot bear to show you, so I cropped it out of this photo.  We found that the edge of the patio goes all the way to the end of the house.

Then we shoveled and raked until the dirt was nice and level, because with all this rain the ditch where the fence used to be was in danger of becoming a moat.  Not the kind of water feature one would wish for in a cottage garden.
We discovered a sidewalk under all the mess on this side of the yard.  I thought I found an ancient monolith placed by the Druids, but WTB kindly explained that it was only the concrete footing for an old fence post.

And I constructed this by stacking up all the cinder blocks and bricks we found in the yard:
Beautiful, isn't it?  We call it Blockhenge.  I can see it soon becoming the subject of a Craigslist posting.

And tomorrow is another day...