Crush

I'm seriously crushing on that house over on Highland.  Seriously.

I first developed this crush when I spent about five hours inside that house during last year's Old Homes Tour.  I liked the house already, but an afternoon spent with folks ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it while you walk 'em through it can make a girl's heart flip right over.  And then there was the Laurel-and-Hardy moment just after the tour ended, when all us girls (including the house's owner) kicked off our shoes, leaned back in chairs on the sun porch, and prepared to post-mortem Tour Day until someone said, "Uhhhh....someone's at the door," and the homeowner said something like, "Oh crap, it's the realtor and she wants to show the house," and we rushed around putting away a couple of snack trays, stowing dirty plates in the dishwasher, tucking tour signs into drawers, and then all us volunteers ran out the back door and hid, giggling, until the realtor and the looky-loos got inside, whereupon we dashed out to our cars and made a getaway.  That was fun.  (Also, I want y'all to know that I went to high school with the realtor and I am biting my tongue because I really, really want to say something snarky.  Suffice it to say, I was in the geeky crowd--hard to imagine, I know--and she was a Popular Girl.  Admire my restraint, y'all.)

Anyhow, because I was thinking about the Old Homes Tour, I googled it and found a non-blurry photo of the house and a nice little description of it.  Ain't it cute?