Opening Day

As far as I'm concerned, the most exciting day of the year is the first day of Major League Baseball season, known as Opening Day.  I look forward to it all winter long.  (Winter is that long, dreary, cold season which begins when the last game of the World Series ends and lasts until pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training.)  Opening Day this year was March 31st, and I've been altogether a much happier person since that day.

There's another day, though, which is almost as exciting as the Opening Day of baseball, and that's the Opening Day of Painting Season.  Scraping paint isn't nearly as much fun as watching baseball, but ripping big chunks of old paint off clapboards until they're smooth, bare wood and then putting paint on those clapboards is really, really gratifying.  I got a late start on it this year, mostly because of weather, but I'm happy to announce that last Thursday was Opening Day for painting.  And I seriously kicked butt.

It's Painting Season!  Let the games begin!