The Return of WTB

It's summer, I don't care what the calendar says.

In support of my position, I offer the following:  I saw lightning bugs in my yard two nights ago, the ice cream truck is making its rounds in my neighborhood, I turned on the air conditioner in my house already, and yesterday I pulled a tick out of my toe. 

But the best and surest sign it's summer around here?  White Trash Bob has returned!  Hooray!  Okay, so he didn't really go anywhere, since he and Mrs. WTB live just down the street.  But you see, all winter long we go without seeing each other as we hibernate in our houses and suffer through the cold months, but when warmer weather arrives, so does White Trash Bob.  Kinda like the swallows of Capistrano...but not really.  

So today WTB appeared in my front yard to point out that digging up all that vinca really is a futile effort and I should just spray Round-Up all over it and wait until fall to plant.  With that, I flung down my digger, put my sweaty, filthy little arm through his, and led him to the first WTB Project of 2010.  Behold in the photo the carcass of my ugly yard light.  (A photo which looks far more like a crime scene than I had originally intended, but it was already dark when I thought to snap a picture.)  The yard light needed to be destroyed, and I knew that WTB was just the man for the job.  He took it apart and then saved me the trouble of picking out which breaker it was attached to by touching the wires together with a stick so that the breaker tripped.  WTB is a genius.  (Because I would've never figured out it's on the same circuit as the microwave and the basement light.)  WTB sawed off the yard light post, cut the wire and capped it, and then capped the stub of the post.  And yes, that is an empty tin can capping the stub for now, but later it'll get a PVC cap.  It'll also get an outdoor outlet, because WTB is a genius.  (Wait...did I say that already?)  Anyway, he shares my vision of my back yard someday looking like a cottage garden, and in his version of the vision (say that three times real fast!) there are small yard lights and a bubbling fountain.  For that, of course, I'll need an outlet.

And now, I need a shower, followed by a cold beverage and a nice bit of porch-sitting.  More about that back yard vision tomorrow, along with the latest photo of the paint.  Try to contain your anticipation.