Buyer's Remorse

I don't feel so good.  My stomach feels kinda fluttery and my neck itches like I'm about to break out in hives and my palms are sweaty.  I'm not sick.  I just spent some money.  It's not a horrendous amount of money, it's just that plunking down any amount over about $300 at one time makes me feel all icky.  I buy things piecemeal whenever I can for this very reason. 

But suddenly, I can't buy the wallpaper for the front parlor piecemeal like I'd planned to.  So today I bought two kinds of wallpaper for that room all in one big shebang.  Two kinds?  Yep.  One for above the picture rail and one for below it.  See, the papers I wanted for the front parlor are from the same collection as the paper in the foyer, and some of those patterns are being discontinued by Waverly.  If I wanted that paper, I had to buy it sooner rather than later.

But now the buyer's remorse has started.  I love the paper I decided on for above the picture rail (I love it almost as much as the foyer paper, and the foyer paper is like my soulmate) but I don't love the paper for the main part of the walls.  I like it.  I like it a lot.  I might even grow to love it, the way the quiet, skinny guy from the high school swim team that you never thought twice about back then slowly becomes such a huge part of your life that now you don't laugh anymore when someone says you ought to get married.  (Not that I'm thinking of a specific person here--heck no!--I mean, I said "you" not "I", right?  Right.)  What was I talking about?  Oh, yeah.  So I just spent a gob of money on wallpaper that I like but don't love.  This worries me a little. 

I suppose I have some time to get over it.  First I'll have to steam off the painted-over wallpaper in the parlor, fix a couple of bad patches in the plaster, put up the picture rail, and paint miles of trim--and I haven't even finished papering the foyer yet....