Papered Little Foyer

The little foyer is all papered.  Ahead of schedule, even.  My goal was to finish papering the foyer on Monday...and even though this post is dated Tuesday, I really did finish the foyer on Monday.  At 11:52 p.m.  A whole eight minutes ahead of schedule.  I hope this sets a precedent for the rest of 2011...but I wouldn't count on that if I were you.  Heck, I'm me and I still don't count on it. 

But anyway, if you were to come to my front door today, this is what you'd see:
(I'd try to remember to pick up that Woodchuck bottle and that boxcutter before I showed you in, though.)  I want you to know that I am so dedicated to providing quality content here that I stood on my front porch, without a coat, at almost one in the morning just to get this photo.  During Snowmageddon, mind you.  (That's what we've dubbed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday here--six inches of snow and still falling.)  I think the next project might be to finish that door you see there.  It's one of the seven that Mare and I glued together last year and I never got around to patching the seam and the holes and painting it.  Since the trim around it is freshly painted, it looks even worse.  If you look closely in the giant gap between the bottom of the door and the floor, you can see Christopher, my giant cat, peering out and wondering what the heck I'm doing with the front door open when it's so cold outside.

And here's what it looks like from the opposite side of the room:
If you bigify this photo, to the right of the door you can see the outlet cover.  No really, it's there.  Look for the white screws, which signify that I'm picky enough to match the wallpaper pattern on the wall and the outlet cover, but not smart enough to buy a black outlet cover so I'd get black screws.  (And there's Christopher again.  I love how his eyes are glowing from the flash.)  You can also see, above the door, where the pattern gets a little wonky because that's where I started and stopped.  I thought way up there might be the best place for that to happen.

Someday after Snowmageddon ends, I'll ask my son to help me get the bench for the foyer from my mom's house.  It'll just fit against the wall in there.  I have a couple of pictures and a mirror to hang in there, too, when I work up the courage to put nail holes in the wallpaper.  An area rug would be nice, so I'll be on the lookout for that.

And now what?  Front parlor, I guess.  Heavy sigh.