Let's Review

So here's that to-do list I made Saturday, with completed items crossed-off...
  • Put a third coat of paint on the foyer side of the door.
  • Patch & paint the parlor side of that same door.*
  • Finish painting the trim in the parlor.
  • Tear up the last little strip of carpet in there.
  • Scrape up the glued-down carpet pad.
  • Patch & paint the parlor side of the parlor/bedroom door.* 
And here's what I actually did on my days off:
  • Cleaned out the big closet on the back porch.
  • Hung a shelf up in that closet.
  • Tore up tack strip in the two parlors.  (Some, not all.)
  • Painted some trim in both parlors.
  • Made cinnamon rolls from scratch.
  • Moved the clothes rod in the parlor closet.**
  • Dragged a wicker table destined for the trash back into my bedroom to use as a tv stand.
  • Moved all my clothes out of the teeny closet in my bedroom and into the big closet in the parlor.
  • Pushed my nightstand (which was doing duty as a tv stand) in front of the bedroom closet.***
  • Put together a shoe rack.
  • Hung up a set of 11 pictures in the second parlor. 
  • Had movie night with the kitties and the doggie after the staple incident.

*I'll probably at least patch the doors before I go to bed tonight--er, in the morning.
**I figured out that the problem with the parlor closet is not that the closet is too shallow, it's that the clothes rod was installed too close to the back wall.  I moved it forward and now I have a great big closet to use.  For now.  Unless and until I decide to put back the doors to the side porch.
***I have six--yes, six--doors in my bedroom, so wall space is at a premium.  Ever since I moved into this bedroom, I've been without a nightstand because the bed is flanked by the kitchen door and the closet door with about 2 inches to spare on either side.  (By the way, the other four doors lead to:  the bathroom, the spare bedroom, the side porch, and the second parlor.)

 
As usual, I'm totally incapable of sticking to a plan.