Progress

Yes, I did manage to accomplish something before coming back to work this week.  Progress has been made.

Tuesday afternoon, as I walked through the back porch/laundry room with a hammer in my hand, I reached out with the claw of the hammer, snagged a shingle on the wall that surrounds the shower and tore that sucker right off the wall.  It fell onto the floor.  It's still there.  I care not. 

I know what you're thinking:  Yes, a Sucky Previous Owner really did shingle two interior walls with the same fugly cedar shingles they covered the outside of the house with.

And also:  Yes, the shower stall juts out into the back porch/laundry room in a way that's extraordinarily awkward and ugly.  This is one of the big reasons I want to destroy the shower and remodel the bathrooms.  That, and the fact that the back door doesn't line up with the walkway through the backyard anymore because the SPOs moved the back door when they installed the shingled shower.

And finally:  No, I'm not starting the bathroom remodel yet.  I just tore a shingle off the wall so I'd be able to say I got something done on the house this week.  To paraphrase Dr. Seuss, progress is progress, no matter how small.