Bleah

Sunday night it started, on the way home from the State Fair. A headache behind my eyes and a generally icky feeling. I thought maybe it was the foot-long corn dog I ate and too much loud music at the free Kansas concert. But Monday I felt worse. And dizzy. And feverish. Sinus infection, the doctor said. Bleah.

The only things I accomplished on my three days off were a couple of phone calls to disconnect my DirecTV and unused phone line, and to have cable tv installed. Yep, after much debate and research and debacle, I decided to go with the cable company. Just over $63 a month for tv and internet, saving myself a whopping $78 a month over what I've been paying. Oh, and I very slowly painted a little bit of the porch trim under the roof in the pouring rain until I almost fell off a 3-step ladder and decided the painting just wasn't worth the effort.

And I'm starting to feel better, just in time to go back to work tomorrow night. Here's hoping my vacation days got covered, which would make both this week and next short work weeks. (Short work weeks at work mean longer work weeks at home.)