Dear Mr. Plumber

Dear Mr. Plumber,

First of all, thank you soooo much for not showing up this afternoon as you said you would.  My friend Greg says he thinks plumbers must be very busy this time of year, with the extended cold weather and all, and I guess Greg's right.  You must be really, really busy to not even have 30 seconds to spare to let me know that you weren't coming by today.  But that's okay, I really didn't have anything else to do today.  My 82-year-old mother who is snowed in at her house and whose mailbox was knocked off its post by the snowplow really didn't need me to come over and put the mailbox back up on the first day in two weeks that we've had weather warm enough to stay outside for more than 15 minutes without incurring frostbite.  The post office will be happy to hold her mail for yet another week.  (And by the way, I never thought I'd say this, but you could take some customer service tips from those people at the post office.  They were nice to me this morning.)  And I didn't need to go to Wal-Mart for my mom and get her some groceries.  Not really.  Instead, I went to the local supermarket that doesn't have the kind of orange juice she likes and where everything is way more expensive.  She didn't mind paying $5 extra for the few items I got her and drinking pulpy orange juice.  I bought her a really small container of it, because I can go to Wal-Mart in the middle of the night.  Really, it's no trouble.  And don't feel bad because I didn't get any more wallpaper hung up in my dining room because I didn't want to be standing on a ladder matching damask pattern when you showed up. 

If you could read this, you'd probably harrumph and say that I should've gone ahead with my day.  And you're right, I should have.  But here's the deal:  I didn't fix the mailbox, or go to Wal-Mart, or hang paper because I didn't want to make you wait on me.  I was trying to be considerate.  Evidently you don't know the meaning of that word.  You probably don't know this old customer service adage either:  A happy customer will tell 2 or 3 people about your company, but an unhappy customer will tell 20 to 30 people.  Guess what?  For some strange odd reason I can't explain, so far this year I have an average of 95 hits a day on this little blog.  Some of those folks might even live in this area.  So, this is for them: 

L & P Plumbing.
 Don't call 'em.
They no-show.

Dissing bad customer service.  Just another lil service I provide.