Today

Today I ...

went to Wal-Mart, which I never, but never, do on a Sunday morning, and now I remember why...

called the antique mall and...

brought this very cool 1950-something RCA Victor console box home with me...


and put my stuff inside it while it was being thoroughly inspected by two of the kitties.  (The tv that's in there is temporary; my bigger tv is too large to fit inside there.) 

And after that...

I replaced this thermostat...

with this one, which is programmable so I don't have to worry anymore when I'm at work that I forgot to turn the heat down, and which will make the house nice and warm when I'm awake and a little less nice and warm while I'm sleeping, all without my doing a thing...

And then,

I tore out two more strips of pee-pee carpet, which I carefully measured to be sure they were short enough to meet the trash company's exacting standards...

And after that...

I rearranged the furniture in the front parlor.  Under the watchful eye of Louis, of course. 

And tomorrow...
Tomorrow Mare is coming over and we'll work on the doors.

But tonight...
Tonight I am taking a nice long shower and then snuggling with the kitties.