Door Dreamin'

I think I might be obsessed.  Just a little.  See, last night at work I kept thinking about filling in the seams and holes in that door Mare and I stuck back together.  All night long (in between sending the guys out to snatch people from the jaws of death, I mean) I kept thinking about that door and how nice it will look when it's finished.  Yep, just a little obsessed.  Not so's you'd notice or anything.

So when I got home I walked straight to the dining room and started mashing wood putty into that door.  First I filled the seam and then the holes where those stupid little cabinet knobs were.  (Did I tell y'all that someone put rubber bands on the knobs and then painted over 'em?  Yep.  Bet it was the same person who used paper towels and #2 pencils as insulation around the attic vents.) 

Then I did the same thing to the other side of the door.  Exciting, isn't it?  (In this picture I haven't wiped off the excess wood filler yet.)

But excitement didn't stop there!  After that, I filled in where the hinges used to be on the door jamb.


And then (this is the really exciting one, folks) I filled in where the hinges used to be on the edge of the door.  I'm actually kinda proud of how this looks so far.  Look at the nice edge I got on that thing. 

My idea is that, while I'm sleeping, the wood filler will cure and when I wake up, I can paint the door.  Mare might get a little pissy about that because he still has to drill out the holes for the mortise and the doorknobs, but he'll get over it.  Besides, he won't be back for a week and I don't want to wait that long to see how the door will look once it's painted. 

Now it's off to Dreamland for me.  Maybe I'll have that dream again where I find the big box of original doorknobs, backplates, mortises and striker plates....sure wish that one would come true!