The Closed-Door Policy

The closed-door policy seems to be working.  Without access to the dining room, the kitties can't sink their evil little claws into the new wallpaper.  I put up a few more strips of it:


Look at that ornery Louis scrambling up the ladder!  I snatched him down from there and tossed put him back in the kitchen before he could do any damage.  Also, look at that ugly chandelier.  I detest that thing.  At first I thought maybe if I paint it and get it new shades (which is what I did with the chandelier in the front parlor) it'd look a lot better.  Now I think it's beyond hope.  And, if you would, please ignore that mess on the dining room table. 

I also hung up a panel of the new drapes I just bought so that the kitties would have something else to tear up—I mean, so I could see if I liked the drapes with the wallpaper. 


The drapes really aren't as shiny as they look in this photo.  The flash on my camera makes them look like wrapping paper.  They're fake raw silk so they do have a little sheen to them, but not that much.  Those sheers will be replaced with ones in a more creamy color.

I'm hoping to get a bunch more done on the dining room before I go back to work Wednesday night.  It's too darn cold and slick to go outside, so I might as well get something done while I'm hunkered down inside the house.