Like A House Afire

Monday morning I had a nice long conversation with my mama in which she told me that I've been "goin like a house afire" for the past two summers and she thinks I need to slow down some.   What she's referring to, of course, is the Great Shingle-Ripping Project of Summer '08 followed by the Great House-Painting Project of Summer '09.  She is of the very firm opinion that I should take this summer off from major projects.  I think she expected me to argue with her.  I did not. 

I wholeheartedly agree.  So this summer I will be living in my house instead of a construction zone.  I will be spending more time sitting on the front porch with a big glass of iced tea, gossiping with Carl and Don, watching fireflies, playing with my fur-babies, going to the bookstore with WTB and Mrs. WTB, stargazing out at my friend Doug's place, eating ice cream, walking barefoot on the brick sidewalks of my neighborhood... 

To quote the irrepressible Calvin (of the "Calvin & Hobbes" comic strip):  "There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."  This summer, I'm gonna give it my best try.