The First Weekend of Nothing

Well, well, well...It's the first weekend since my big declaration that I'm taking the summer off from major projects.  So how am I doing so far? 

Saturday night I did well.  I went out to see my friend Troy's band, Mary Goes Round, play at an odd little bar called the Blue Moon.  My buddy Cookie and I agreed that MGR does the best rendition of "Summer of 69", ever.  I won a good-natured argument over the longest MLB game in history.  (Chicago v. Milwaukee back in '84, 8 hours & 6 minutes.)  Hearing Troy sing Lady Gaga left me whomper-jawed and laughing. I got home about 3 a.m. after breakfast at Denny's.

And then today struck.  Wasn't it Kate who said I'd be into a bunch of little projects that would become one big project?  Well, ahem, that's what happened today.  It started out innocently enough with my daughter-in-law offering to help me haul the debris from the carport roof reno down to the city dump.  Then I said I'd return the favor by helping her clean up the mess in her yard from re-roofing their back porch.  And then my mom said she had a few things that could go to the city dump, too.  Seven hours, three trips to the city dump and two trips to Sarah's dad's burn pile later, we finished.

Seven hours of hauling trash and yard waste on a Sunday afternoon and evening qualifies as a major project, I think.  I'll be having a little crow for supper, thank you.