Free Agency

I knew it would happen sooner or later.  Joe The Floor Guy got wind that Charlie and I are doing the floors ourselves.  Joe hit me up on Facebook chat.

Joe:  Hired a free agent, didya?  You're on the list now...the bad list.

Me:  I feel really bad about not hiring you, but honestly....I can't afford you.

Joe:  Just kidding.  Where are the finishing pics? 

Me:  We're a long way from finished.  That's as far as we got on our days off.

Joe:  DAYS?!  I could've had it done in a day!  Haha.

Me:  That's cause you & your family are like the MLB of floor refinishing....we're more like the Little League team that's in last place....or the Bad News Bears.

Joe:  Make sure you get all that old varnish off, or the new stuff won't bond right.

Me:  Okay.

Joe:  Do a light sand between coats.

Me:  Okay.

Joe:  And get in the corners good.  Do you know how to get in the corners?

Me:  Ummm....

Joe:  I'll just come over Wednesday and evaluate your progress.

Me:  No!  I'm afraid you'll walk in and be all, OH MY GOD, you're doin it ALL WRONG!!

Joe:  Duh.  You know I'm gonna say that.  But I can give you a little free advice.

Me:  I am scared.