Short Attention Span

Y'all know I have a short attention span.  It should come as no surprise then that I'm already thinking about what I'll tackle next after the floors are done. 

I think it should be the bathroom next to my bedroom, because I just can't take looking at this anymore....
Ick.
That's the wall behind the tub, where the plastic tile is falling off.  I call this bathroom my "winter bathroom", because unlike the other bathroom in my house, it has a heat vent and taking a shower in there is actually bearable during the winter months.  Unfortunately, the winter bathroom didn't have a shower in it until I added that handheld thing about 18 months ago...and unfortunately, the tiled wall was never meant to handle as much moisture or humidity as a shower puts out, so the tile is popping off.  (I may have helped that process along by picking at the tiles when I'm in the shower.)  Anyhow, I now have a situation where, in order to take a shower, I'm going to have to tape plastic over that wall.

Or I could move to the summer bathroom a few weeks early.  The summer bathroom is in a sort of hallway between the back porch and the back bedroom.  I've talked about it before, but long story short it's about 11 feet long and slightly over 3 feet wide and has a shower tacked onto the end of it.  It's kinda icky, but not as icky as the bathroom next to my bedroom. 

Or I could finally do something about these two bathrooms.  I've been talking about it for years.  Long-time readers might recall that about three years ago Mare and I came up with a grand plan that involved tearing out the teeny shower, knocking out the wall between the two bathrooms, and turning the space into one big bathroom.  Well, I've rethought that.  For one (as many of my dear readers pointed out at the time) a 3-bedroom, 2-bath house is a lot more appealing to a potential buyer than that same house with only one bathroom.  For another--and the more important consideration, to my mind--is that taking out that shower and that wall and redoing that whole space would be a giant pain in my hiney.  I'm all about saving myself some hiney pain whenever possible. 

Eventually, I'd like both bathrooms to look somewhat like this photo I found on the Better Homes & Gardens website.  I love the beadboard and the tan walls, but I'm not sure about all that subway tile.  That's a whole lot of subway tile.  I love, love, love the tile floor too.  In fact, I'm surprised by how much I love it because I've always dreamed of a bathroom with black-and-white hex tile.  Maybe it's because that floor looks warmer, more like hardwood.  (I might actually have a decent floor under all the layers of craptastic flooring in at least one of the bathrooms.)  I like all the vintage details too, like the wall hooks and the shelf supports.  The neutral palette appeals to me too. 

So...after I decide whether or not to put a second coat of stain on the floors, and after I varnish them, and after I move all my furniture back into those three rooms, and after I buy a decent sofa for the front parlor....then I'll start in on the bathrooms.  Maybe.  Unless something else grabs my attention.