The Hinge Boiler

"Darnit!" my mom said, jerking her hand away suddenly from the Crock Pot she'd been spooning meatballs out of. "That does it--I'm sellin this thing on a yard sale!"

"What thing?" I asked. "You mean the Crock Pot?" Now, y'all know what I was thinkin....

"Yes! It's got that stupid metal rim at the top of it and I burn myself on it every time."

"You really don't want it anymore? Seriously?" The wheels were turnin in my little head but I had to be sure it really was destined for the yard sale before I appropriated it. My mom ranted about how it was pretty but not worth a darn because it got too hot. Yep, yard sale bound.

"But what do you want it for?" she asked. "You already have a nice Crock Pot."

"Well actually..." I grinned. "If you wanna know the truth I was gonna use it to boil the paint off them steeple hinges on my doors."

She laughed. "Oh Lordy! Well take it then."

I already have one half-door out on the dining room floor with stripper on the hinges so I can get em off the door.