Tickled to Death

I stand corrected.  The walls in my dining room are not 11 feet high.  They're 10'3".  I know this because last night I measured them for the wallpaper.  I didn't get nervous about hanging the wallpaper until I rolled it out on the kitchen floor to cut it to length and saw for the first time what a big sheet of wallpaper that is.

Gulp.  It covers the whole length of the kitchen floor.  And yes, the paper's weighted down with the door hinges.  Those things come in handy.

Three hours later, this is what the dining room looked like:


After months of looking at the plain plaster walls, I'm tickled to death to finally see wallpaper up there.

And I'm tickled to death that I got the switchplate cover to match the wallpaper pattern on the very first try.

I am not, however, tickled to death about this:


Nor this:


Not at all.  Not one little bit.  Someone is in Very Big Trouble.


Don't give me that sweet innocent look, Louis.  You're at the top of the suspect list.