They're Heeeerrrre....

Remember that scene from "Poltergeist" where the little girl turns to her parents and says, "They're heeeerrre" after the creepy things come out of the tv?  That was the first thing that came to mind yesterday afternoon when I saw the big box of wallpaper rolls on the front porch.  (In fact, I was gonna use that clip in this post, but after I watched it I remembered how much scary movies give me the heebie-jeebies and now I'm too scared to use it.)  Anyway, the wallpaper's here.  Yep, already.  Good thing I didn't waste $127 on three-day shipping since it took, um, three days to get here with free ground shipping.  All thirteen double rolls of it.  That's a lot of wallpaper.  But what's about as scary as "Poltergeist" is the thought that I didn't order enough wallpaper.  Never mind that I used the wallpaper calculator and didn't subtract for the three windows and three doorways, I'm still scared. 

The big box of wallpaper is sitting in the middle of the dining room floor like an obelisk.  Waiting.  Why is the wallpaper waiting?  Because one of my friends pointed out to me that it sure would be easier to paint the trim in the dining room before I put up the paper.  Oh.  Good idea.  So I spent almost an hour at Lowe's picking out a shade of cream paint that goes with the wallpaper.  Lyndhurst Estate Cream, which also goes with the color I'm painting the second parlor, and will eventually, someday, go with whatever paint or wallpaper I pick out for the entryway and the front parlor.  Then I came home and washed down the trim in the dining room.  (Mrs. Kelly, immaculate housekeeper that she was, would not be happy that this is only the second time I've done that since I moved in.)  And now, I'm gonna go paint me some trim.  Photos to follow.