No Doors, But...

No doors got glued back together today, but I did get a couple of other things done.  I painted more of the second parlor and put up the new curtains on the other window...
Why is it that at least one of my cats inserts themselves into almost every photo of the house??  And honestly, I'm not sure that itty bitty desk can really support Christopher's great big hiney, so I hope he doesn't make that his regular sitting place. 

And I painted the ceiling in there and put up a new light fixture...
As with everything in this house, it took three times as long as I thought it would.  That was mostly because whoever installed the old light fixture must've knocked a piece of ceiling plaster loose after they put in the crossbar for the fixture, so they just blobbed a big nugget of plaster over the crossbar—and the screw that I needed to get to in order to take down the old fixture.  Knocking that out of there with a screwdriver and a hammer was a lot of fun.  And I only got plaster dust in my eyes 17 or 18 times.

And then the mailman came and delivered me this beauty...

It was hard to get a good photo of it, but it's a complete mortise set with two glass doorknobs and brass backplates.  I won two matching sets of them on ebay.  (Four doorknobs in all; enough for two doors.)  I think, after I get the backplates shined up and Mare cuts the holes in the doors, that these will go on the entryway doors.  When you come in my front door, you're in a little entryway about 9' long and 6' wide and facing the doorway into the second parlor.  To the left is the doorway into the front parlor, so it would be nice to have matching doorknobs on those two doors.  I got these for a really good price...now I just have to find four more mortises and a few more knobs.  Right now I have a box of mismatched knobs and one other mortise. 

And yes, that is a tattoo on my arm.  It's okay, my mama knows.  The first time she saw it, it was partially hidden by my shirt sleeve so that she saw only the edge of the last letter (it says "Believe") and she smacked me on the wrist.  I said sheepishly, "Oh, I guess I shoulda told you I got a tat."  And she replied, "Oh, is that all it is?  I thought you had a spider on you."